Our Speech department faculty members make meaningful contributions to the campus, community and beyond. Some of those contributions include:
- Holding office hours. Full-time faculty members are available to consult with students at least 3.3 hours a week. Office hours are posted on the faculty member’s door and listed on their syllabus.
- Hosting public debates
- Judging at various Forensics tournaments
- Coaching Forensics competitors
- Regularly consulting with students in the Learning Assistance Center
- Teaching abroad in Spain
- Guest judging at local speaking competitions and showcases
- Public speaking at various events
- Engaging in research: Projects include transfer and communication career pathways, Communication across the disciplines, public speaking and the K-12 Common Core.
|Lisette Acevedo, Department Coordinator & Professor
B.A., University of Southern California;
M.A., California State University Northridge
|Libby Curiel, Professor
B.A. in Communication, CSULA 05′
M.A. in Communication Studies, CSULA 07′
|Dr. Jeannette Duarte, Professor
B.A. in Communication, Oregon State University, 1990
M.A. in Communication, Texas A & M University, 1992
Ph.D. in Communication, Arizona State University, 1999
|Gil Puga, Professor
B.A., California State Polytechnic University, Pomona;
M.A., California State University, Fullerton
|email@example.com Office: A222G
|Grant Tovmasian, Forensics Coordinator & Instructor
B.A., M.A., California State University, Los Angeles
We have the dedicated adjunct faculty at Rio Hondo, many have been with the college for decades, while others have gone on to become full-time faculty at other institutions or gone on to achieve incredible things.
Watch former Adjunct faculty member Steve Rohr discussing his time coaching and mentoring students at Rio Hondo such as Alumni Steven Villescas.
Use the form below to contact one of the faculty members mentioned above.