The RN Transition Program is designed for students that have completed the ADN program at Rio Hondo College, and/or Licensed RNs that have graduated within the last year and have not yet found employment. The course is offered during the summer pending facility partnerships.
The program is comprised of a four (4) unit course with some didactic course work on-line and approximately 230 preceptorship-style hours in the clinical setting. The cost of the course is currently $46.00 per unit, plus your own clinical tools (stethoscope, scissors, uniform, …) and reference materials.
1) Graduate of the Rio Hondo College ADN program;
1) Graduate of a RN program within last 11 months; AND
2) Active, unencumbered California RN License; AND
3) Right-to-Work in the US (citizen, green-card, or other documentation); AND
4) Minimum 2.5 GPA; AND
5) Positive faculty recommendation letter: AND
6) Rio Hondo College Student ID Number (Get Started Here)
Please contact Mrs. Page email@example.com, for further information.
For current Rio Hondo College students, contact the dean no later than April 1 to make arrangements for the course.
For licensed RNs, please submit an application no later than April 1 to the dean.