The Rio Hondo College Library is the research center of the College. Occupying the second floor of the Learning Resource Center, the Library offers a full range of books, periodicals, online databases, electronic books, recordings, and audiovisual materials in support of the college curriculum as well as for general enrichment. Computer workstations, ADA-compliant computers, wireless access, in-house laptops, and a self-service copy/print center are also available.
Library Mission Statement
Rio Hondo College Library supports the College mission, values the student learning experience, and embraces the diversity of our campus and surrounding communities by providing:
- A safe and welcoming environment;
- Friendly, unbiased, and timely service to our community;
- Equitable in-person and online access to academic resources and technologies which support students’ evolving informational and educational needs;
- Innovative library instruction, programming, and outreach designed to teach essential information literacy skills and promote lifelong learning;
- Faculty partnership in outreach, curriculum, and course success; and
- Archival preservation of the College’s history.