Participant Eligibility for Program Services
The Rio Hondo College TRIO – Student Support Services (SSS) Program is a federal program administered by the Department of Education. To receive TRIO SSS Program services, students must be enrolled at Rio Hondo College and formally admitted into the TRIO SSS Program. Low-income students who are first-generation college students and students with disabilities evidencing academic need are eligible to participate in SSS projects. Two-thirds of the participants in any SSS project must be either disabled or potential first-generation college students from low-income families. One-third of the disabled participants must also be low-income students.
Please see below for eligibility requirements. Please email Brenda Beza, TRIO SSS Project Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- First generation and/or low income and/or disabled
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 units
(unless otherwise specified by a different department; requires TRIO Director Approval)
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Demonstrates need of additional academic support (must meet SSS program minimum requirements)
- GPA of 2.0 or higher (unless otherwise specified by TRIO Director)
*Please note that Rio Hondo College also has a TRIO SSS Program for STEM students. If you wish to get more information about that program, please visit the website at: http://www.riohondo.edu/mesa/contact-us/
TRIO Application Link: https://botform.compansol.com/201666225446051
In order to be admitted to the TRIO SSS Program, students must do the following:
- Fill out a TRIO SSS Program application If you need help, email: email@example.com
- Interview with TRIO SSS Counselor to verify eligibility and fit for the TRIO SSS Program. Counselor will make recommendation accordingly.
- Interview with TRIO SSS Project Director. An acceptance letter is issued immediately if the student is offered admission into the program. Required appointments are also scheduled at this time.
- Sign a TRIO SSS Program Contract
- Attend scheduled required semester meetings with TRIO SSS Counselor, Educational Advisor, academic success workshops and TRIO SSS orientation.