To embark on a collaborative effort to promote, recruit and assist high school, college students and industry professionals in exploring a career in STEM and CTE teaching.
The STEM-CTE/TEACH program strives to be an exemplary teacher pipeline program, allowing students and working professionals to gain access to quality teacher education and explore a career in teaching.
Go to STEM-CTE/TEACH website: http://cteteach.riohondo.edu/
Watch TEACH Video!
Some of the services that we offer are:
- Teacher Assistant positions with stipends available to students – this will allow RHC students to observe and assist our faculty in the classroom to explore teaching as a career.
- Mentoring program with stipends available for the mentor – this will provide each student w/ a mentor that has traveled through the educational pipeline into CTE teaching.
- Job shadowing program – to immerse our student in the world of work, where they can get first-hand information about teaching skills and career opportunities. Bringing students into the workplace to see a teacher at work gives them an introduction to the classroom and business setting.
- One-on-one counseling with a designated counselor – this will allow our students to meet with a designated counselor, at least twice a semester, and develop an educational plan.
- Professional Development Activities – provide faculty and staff development to secondary and post-secondary institutions and business/industry representatives to provide teacher preparation-related information and direction.
- Transfer information and support to CSULA’s Technology Education Track
- Teaching Pathways Information
- Information on Designated Subjects Credential –
- Provide information and professional development stipend for skilled professionals to obtain their Designated Subjects Credential in CTE.
Contact Person: M. Lea Martinez Project Director CTE-TPP Grant 562-463-3152
Rio Hondo College
3600 Workman Mill Road
Whittier, CA 90601
Office: T123, Technology Building, Career & Technical Education Division