The office of Student Life & Leadership is now accepting applications for Emergency Loans. After the first two weeks of every semester, the emergency loans will be available on an as needed basis. The application process is first come, first served.
You will need to meet the following qualifications to be eligible for the Emergency Loan:
- I have a current cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher (new students are exempt)
- I am not on Academic, Disciplinary or Progress Probation
- I have paid the College Services Fee for the current semester
- I am enrolled in at least six (6) units (waitlist classes do not apply)
- I have no other outstanding debt to Rio Hondo College (including tuition fees)
- I can provide proof of identification
Terms and Conditions: These loans do not incur interest and there are no fees associated with your application. You have up to 60 days from the date you receive your loan to pay it back. These loans are education based and a student’s eligibility will be verified based on their student record.
Prequalification forms will be processed in-person only this semester and you will need to be present to finish your contract should you accept the terms of the loan after prequalification. The form can be picked up in the Student Lounge above the Rio Cafe.
Emergency Loan Pre-Qualification Form
Pre-Qualification to determine eligibility for emergency loan.