CHECK OFF LIST TO GET YOUR BENEFITS STARTED:
- Apply to Rio Hondo College at (www.riohondo.edu). Go to “Get Started” to complete RHC application and CCCApply. Apply for the semester that you plan on attending.
- Apply for your G.I. Educational Benefits (www.ebenefits.va.gov). Letter of Eligibility should be mailed to you in 2-4 weeks. Once received, bring a copy to the Veterans Service Center.
- Bring us a copy of your DD214 member #4 (the only one accepted).
- Complete FAFSA application www.fafsa.ed.gov to see if you are eligible to receive Financial Aid.
- Complete Intake form. (Click on Forms in the Menu)
- Order transcripts from all previous colleges and or trade schools you attended.
- Request JST military transcripts for Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard at www.JST.doded.mil.
- Request Air Force JST’s at: https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247/community-college-of-the-air-force-transcripts/
- Attend a Mandatory New Student Veterans Orientation
- Complete online survey at www.surveymonkey.com/r/StudentSuccess_2019c
- Complete the Placement Tool online on your Access Rio Portal. Click on Academics (left side in gray area) then click on Placement Tool (bottom left side). This must be completed before scheduling an appointment with the VSC Counselor.
- Once all official transcripts and all other required documents have been received, you can schedule an appointment to meet with our Veterans Service Center counselor.
To see what your pay rate will be visit the GI Bill website.
**For Priority Registration Only – bring DD214 #4 (the only one accepted) or bring a military ID**
OUR STUDENT WORKERS ARE VETERANS AND WILL HELP YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS