UC Minimum Requirements:
- Complete at least 60 semester units of UC-transferable units
- 2019-2020 Rio Hondo IGETC Advising Sheet. We strongly encourage you to meet with a transfer counselor to create and update your educational plan.
- Complete the 7 – Course pattern by the end of the spring term prior to fall enrollment at UC
- Earn at least a 2.4 GPA for UC-transferable courses (2.8 GPA for non-California residents). Some majors require a higher GPA for admission selection
- Complete the required/ recommended courses need for your intended major with the minimum grades. Visit ASSIST to see the major preparation coursework expected by each campus or refer to UC’s Transfer Pathways, a single set of courses you can take to prepare for your major on any of the nine undergraduate campuses
- Apply to transfer to a UC
- UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG) – Six UC campuses offer the Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program for California community college students who meet specific requirements. By participating in TAG, you may receive early review of your academic records, early admission notification and specific guidance about major preparation and general education coursework. Keep in mind: TAG applications are due Sept. 30, but you can only apply for a TAG at one campus. To keep your options open, apply to other UC campuses during the regular application cycle (Nov. 1-30).
- The TAG matrix [PDF] provides a list of participating campuses and campus-specific requirements to qualify.
- Transfer admission planner (TAP)/ TAG Application – UC TAP is an online tool to help prospective UC transfer students track and plan their coursework.
- Preparing to transfer to a UC
- 2019-2020 UC Dates & Deadlines
- UC Personal Insight Questions
Financial Aid Information:
- UC Financial Aid Programs:
- Types of Financial Aid