Due to developments concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19), the RISE Scholars office is closed but we will continue to provide counseling appointments remotely for students through phone calls and/or Zoom video conferencing.
For more information, please contact the Scholars’ Hub
- 2020 NASPA Mena-Valdez Award recipient for Outstanding New Program
- The RISE Scholars program is proud to have been selected as 1 of 20 community colleges in the state of California chosen to participate in the 2019 Leadership Institute for California Community College-Serving Formerly Incarcerated Students. The institute was collaboratively hosted by The Stanford Criminal Justice Center, California Community Colleges Chancellors Office, and Renewing Communities, a project of the Opportunity Institute.
RISE Scholars Team:
- Lisa Chavez, Dean Of Counseling
- Cecilia Rocha, Student Equity Grant Manager
- Oscar Duran, RISE Success Coach
- Jorge Rios, Adjunct RISE Counselor
- Maggie Angon, RISE Student Services Assistant