To become a member of the Honor Society, a student must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and must have at least 12 units of college credit prior to applying. Applicants are responsible for checking that they have met these requirements before applying and paying any fees. Please Note: Completing volunteer service points/hours are required to complete their membership in AGS and there are no refunds on paid fees.
Types of Membership
Active ($20): Must complete 30 service points during the current semester, with 8 points dedicated to AGS functions and events (this DOES NOT include general meetings).
Inactive ($30): Must complete 10 service points during the current semester, with 4 points dedicated to AGS functions and events (this DOES NOT include general meetings).
- No mandatory community service hour requirements
- Receive cord and stole for graduation
- Receive honor society gold seal on degree
- Applications for permanent membership are accepted only during the Fall semester and will be awarded at the end of the academic year
To become a permanent member:
- Must maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Must be a member of AGS for at least 2 semesters
- Must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be an AGS member for 1 semester
Incoming High School Students (Prospective Temporary Members):
- 12 College credits required with a cumulative GPA of 3.5
- It is advised to attend an AGS meeting before paying membership fee
How to Apply- The AGS application deadline has passed for spring 2023. Please check back during August 2023 for the fall 2023 application. Thank you.
The AGS application period is now open for spring 2023. Please read steps below.
- Complete the AGS application and click “Save As” and change the file name to–> Your Name- AGS Application- Current Semester.
- Next, pay the AGS membership fee online via your AccessRio account AGS Online Payment Steps. If you have any questions about membership fee’s, please contact David Tieu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have completed both items please email your completed application to David Tieu at email@example.com with the following subject line–> Full Name- AGS Application- Current Semester and proof of online payment.
Official AGS Meetings for the spring 2023- Please check AGS Meetings/Home Page. Thank you.