To become a member of the Honor Society, a student must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and must have at least 12 units of college credit prior to applying.
Types of Membership
Active ($20): Must complete 30 service points during the current semester, with 8 points dedicated to AGS functions and events (this DOES NOT include general meetings).
Inactive ($30): Must complete 10 service points during the current semester, with 4 points dedicated to AGS functions and events (this DOES NOT include general meetings).
- No mandatory community service hour requirements
- Receive cord and stole for graduation
- Receive honor society gold seal on degree
- Applications for permanent membership are accepted only during the Fall semester and will be awarded at the end of the academic year
To become a permanent member:
- Must maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Must be a member of AGS for at least 2 semesters
- Must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be an AGS member for 1 semester
Incoming High School Students (Prospective Temporary Members):
- 12 College credits required with a cumulative GPA of 3.5
- It is advised to attend an AGS meeting before paying membership fee
How to Apply- Process for Fall 2021
Note: The fall 2021 AGS application period is now closed. You can contact David Tieu at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions. Thank you.
- Please fill out the AGS application and click Save As and change the file name to–> Full Name- AGS Application- Current Semester
- Then pay the fee online via your AccessRio account.
- Once you have completed both items please email your completed application to David Tieu- email@example.com with the following subject line–> Full Name- AGS Application- Current Semester
Official AGS Meetings for the Fall 2021- Please check AGS Meetings Page. Thank you.