In order to remain and complete the Honors Transfer program and continue receiving benefits, you must complete the following:
- Maintain a 3.2 or higher GPA in UC-transferable courses.
- Enroll in at least one Honors course per semester until you complete the program.
Program Completion and Certification
The advantages of being an Honors student don’t only apply to the time you’re in the program. Once you complete the program, you will also benefit from:
- A special honors medal and graduation recognition.
- A stronger transfer application when you transfer.
- Priority consideration for transfer from participating universities including UCLA, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, Pomona, Occidental, Mills College amongst other institutions.
How to complete the program
To complete the honors program, you must:
- Complete 6 Honors courses with a grade of “B” or better in all courses.
- Achieve an overall transferable college GPA of at least 3.2—the higher the better to be competitive for selective schools
- Meet with an Honors counselor on a regular basis throughout the semester.
- Finish the program requirements by the end of the Spring semester before you transfer (a maximum of 6 Honors units can be taken in your final spring semester).
- Complete lower division major preparation requirements along with the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
The Rio Hondo College Honors Transfer Program will accept two (2) completed honors courses from other colleges