Available To All Students
Rio Hondo College offers a wide variety of free tutoring to students.
- Learning Assistance Center – general tutoring in a variety of subjects.
- Math Science Center – tutoring for math and science classes.
Tutoring is available to students who are enrolled in the following programs:
- EOPS – general tutoring for students enrolled in the EOPS program.
- Gateway – Is a program based on an integrated tutoring model, in which trained tutors are assigned to specific instructors to attend class and facilitate group study sessions outside of class.
- MESA– specialized tutoring for math, science and engineering students enrolled in the MESA/STEM/SSS programs.
- PASS – tutoring in a variety of subjects for students enrolled in the TRIO/SSS program.
Interested in becoming a tutor?
Students wishing to provide tutoring services must check with each program for qualifications and eligibility. Rio Hondo College also has three public bulletin boards where tutoring services may be advertised.