For updates about our online instruction, remote student services and other resources during this time, please go to this link: https://www.riohondo.edu/student-health-services/coronavirus/#students
The Writers’ Resource Center provides a welcoming and safe environment where all Rio students can receive instructional support to advance their writing, reading, and oral communication skills for academic and professional purposes. We are located in the Learning Resource Center, LR – 118
|Team Member:||Office #:||Email:|
|Juan Mendez||(562) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hao Vo||(562) email@example.com|
|Kathy Gomez||(562) 463-3104||Kgomez@riohondo.edu|
OR YOU MAY CLICK ON THIS “ZOOM LINK” TO CONNECT DIRECTLY WITH ONE OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS.
ZOOM HOURS TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A TUTOR:
MONDAY – THURSDAY: 9 A.M. – 4 P.M.
FRIDAY: 9 A.M. – 1:30 P.M.
If you are unable to connect, copy this link→ https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/94519195147 and paste it on your web browser to connect with a team member.
- English faculty and student tutors provide one-on-one and small group writing assistance for all disciplines
- Half-hour conferencing sessions
- Help with any writing process
- Creating thesis statements
- Evaluating and using research
- Formatting, citing, creating bibliographies
- Revising for fluidity and coherence
- English faculty will not edit but may help with global grammar weaknesses interfering with coherence
Spring 2023 Hours (Tutoring sessions available on-campus and remotely via Zoom):
|Monday/Wednesday:||10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||On-campus and Zoom appointments available|
|Tuesday/Thursday:||12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||On-campus and Zoom appointments available|
|Friday||11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||On-campus and Zoom appointments available|
|Sunday:||12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.||Only Zoom appointments available|
What do students BRING to a WRC conference?
- Copy of the writing assignment or prompt
- Relevant supporting materials
- Handouts, notes, texts
- Student models or samples
- Formatting examples or requirements
Citation Guides and Resources:
Depending on your professor or field of study, a specific citation style may be required when citing your sources. These are guides created by the library on the most commonly used citation styles.
In addition to the citation handouts, Purdue Owl gives an expanded guide and explanation on each citation style and more:
|The Purdue Owl Writing Lab|