How to Make an Appointment for Remote Tutoring:
Thank you for using our tutoring services!
1. If you have not already, register for the free tutoring course: CRN 36458.
2. Accept the Canvas course invitation for CRN 36458.
3. Go to your AccessRio and click Academic tab. Scroll down and you will see links to make an LAC or WRC appointment. You can make your own appointment.
4. You will receive an appointment confirmation via email.
5. At the time of your appointment, go to Canvas and click on the Pisces link.
6. In Pisces, look for the Study Room with your tutor’s name and subject and enter the Pisces room.
7. If you get lost, you can ask a question in “chat”.
For more questions or to get assistance with making an appointment, please email the contacts below:
|Learning Assistance Center||Hector Molina: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Gomez: email@example.com
Elvira Aguilar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Diaz: email@example.com (after 1 pm)
|Writers’ Resource Center||Hao Vo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Juan Mendez: email@example.com (after 1 pm)
1 pm – 8 pm and Fridays
The Writers’ Resource Center provides a welcoming and safe environment where all Rio students can receive instructional support to advance their writing, reading, and oral communication skills for academic and professional purposes.
RHC’s Academic Journal published by the Writers’ Resource Center
- English faculty and student tutors provide one-on-one and small group writing assistance for all disciplines
- Half-hour conferencing sessions
- Help with any writing process
- Creating thesis statements
- Evaluating and using research
- Formatting, citing, creating bibliographies
- Revising for fluidity and coherence
- English faculty will not edit but may help with global grammar weaknesses interfering with coherence
Spring 2020 Location and Hours:
- Faculty Tutoring: Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Student Tutoring: Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
What do students BRING to a WRC conference?
- Copy of the writing assignment or prompt
- Relevant supporting materials
- Handouts, notes, texts
- Student models or samples
- Formatting examples or requirements
Schedule of Instructors:
(Click the link below ↓)
WRC Lab Coordinators:
Tom Callinan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Koger: email@example.com