Located in the Learning Resource Center, LR 117. Check-in at the front desk
The Writers’ Resource Center provides a welcoming and safe environment where all Rio students can receive instructional support to advance their writing, reading, and oral communication skills for academic and professional purposes.
- English faculty and student tutors provide one-on-one and small group writing assistance for all disciplines
- Half-hour conferencing sessions
- Help with any writing process
- Creating thesis statements
- Evaluating and using research
- Formatting, citing, creating bibliographies
- Revising for fluidity and coherence
- English faculty will not edit but may help with global grammar weaknesses interfering with coherence
How do students SIGN-UP for a WRC conference with a faculty member?
- Use the link to make your own appointment:
- If you need help with the appointment link, the staff in the LAC (LR-114) can assist you
- Walk-ins available on a limited basis
What do students BRING to a WRC conference?
- Copy of the writing assignment or prompt
- Relevant supporting materials
- Handouts, notes, texts
- Student models or samples
- Formatting examples or requirements
Fall 2019 Location and Hours:
- LR 117
- Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Schedule of Instructors:
(Click the link below ↓)
Main Line: (562) 463-3122
Senior Instructional Assistant, Hao Vo (562) 463-3751
Instructional Assistant, Juan Mendez (562) 463-3751
WRC Lab Coordinators:
Tom Callinan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Koger: email@example.com