Located in the Learning Resource Center, LR 126A. Check-in at LR 126B.
What services does the WRC offer?
- English faculty provide one-on-one and small group writing assistance for all disciplines (excluding English and ENLA)
- Half-hour conferencing sessions
- Help with any writing process
- Creating thesis statements
- Evaluating and using research
- Formatting, citing, creating bibliographies
- Revising for fluidity and coherence
- English faculty will not edit, but may help with global grammar weaknesses interfering with coherence
How do students SIGN-UP for a WRC conference?
- Go to LR 126B check-in desk and sign up for a half-hour appointment
- Call WRC (562-463-3122) to secure a half-hour appointment
- Walk-ins available on a limited basis
- Use the boxes at the bottom of this page to schedule an appointment
What do students BRING to a WRC conference?
- Copy of the writing assignment or prompt
- Relevant supporting materials
- Handouts, notes, texts
- Student models or samples
- Formatting examples or requirements
Summer 2018 Hours:
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Note that the WRC instructors may take up to 72 hours (not including weekends) to provide feedback. Your essay will be returned to you with comments through email.
If you are enrolled in a Rio Hondo College online or offsite course and would like an online conference with a WRC English instructor, please fill out the following: