How to Make an Appointment for Remote Tutoring:
Thank you for using our tutoring services!
1. If you have not already, register for the free tutoring course: CRN 36458.
2. Accept the Canvas course invitation for CRN 36458.
3. Go to your AccessRio and click Academic tab. Scroll down and you will see links to make an LAC or WRC appointment. You can make your own appointment.
4. You will receive an appointment confirmation via email.
5. At the time of your appointment, go to Canvas and click on the Pisces link.
6. In Pisces, look for the Study Room with your tutor’s name and subject and enter the Pisces room.
7. If you get lost, you can ask a question in “chat”.
For more questions or to get assistance with making an appointment, please email the contacts below:
|Learning Assistance Center||Hector Molina: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Gomez: email@example.com
Elvira Aguilar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Diaz: email@example.com (after 1 pm)
|Writers’ Resource Center||Hao Vo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Juan Mendez: email@example.com (after 1 pm)
Monday – Thursday
The Learning Assistance Center (LAC) at Rio Hondo College provides our diverse student population with the tools needed for academic success. Empowering RHC’s students to cultivate the abilities, tactics, and behaviors of confident, self-reliant, and enduring learners, the LAC contributes to the college’s focus on student-driven learning, increased retention, and success rates. All these services are free for all students of RHC.
What the LAC Offers: Click on the document links for detail on “How to…”
Spring 2020 Hours:
January 27 – May 31
Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Friday 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Email us (for information):