The Academic Rank Committee, a committee of the Academic Senate, examines the applications for academic rank advancement. It verifies that the applicant has met the minimum requirements and is qualified for the academic rank for which he/she has applied. The committee submits the verified applications to the President of the Academic Senate to be put on the agenda for a simple majority vote on the academic rank advancement of the applicants.
READ THE BOARD POLICY AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE BELOW FOR ACADEMIC RANK CRITERIA:
Applications: Open October 1 and CLOSE November 15 at 6:00 p.m.
Click Here for Academic Rank Advancement Application_ Fillable_2019
Completed applications and all supporting evidence should be submitted to Angela Rhodes at email@example.com OR in hard copy to her campus mailbox by November 15th.
1) [October 1] Email sent to all faculty notifying that the application window is open.
2) [October 1-November 15] Reminder emails will be sent to faculty regarding the process and deadline.
3) [November 15] Deadline to file. Applications will be compiled.
4) [November 21 @2pm in LR 128] The committee will meet and review applications.
5) [December 4 @ 12:15pm] Committee recommendations will be forwarded to HR for documentation and work-review history.
6) [February 4] Applications will be submitted to Senate for approval
7) After rank applications are approved by Senate, they will be sent to the President for inclusion on the APRIL? Board of Trustees agenda.
Fall 2019 Committee Meeting Dates: TBD
Academic Rank Committee 2019