The Academic Rank Committee, a committee of the Academic Senate, examines the applications for academic rank advancement. It verifies that the applicant has met the minimum requirements and is qualified for the academic rank for which he/she has applied. The committee submits the verified applications to the President of the Academic Senate to be put on the agenda for a simple majority vote on the academic rank advancement of the applicants.
READ THE BOARD POLICY AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE BELOW FOR ACADEMIC RANK CRITERIA:
Applications: Open October 19 and CLOSE November 27 at 6:00 p.m.
Completed applications and all supporting evidence should be submitted to Angela Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 27.
1) [October 19] Email sent to all faculty declaring that the application window is open.
2) [October 19-November 27] Reminder emails will be sent to faculty regarding the process and deadline.
3) [November 27] Deadline to file. Applications will be compiled.
4) [November 27-January 31] The committee will meet, review applications, and verify evidence.
5) [February 2] Approved applications will be submitted to Senate for approval.
6) After rank applications are approved by Senate, they will be sent to the Superintendent/President for inclusion on the April Board of Trustees agenda.
Fall 2020 Committee Meeting Dates: TBD
Academic Rank Committee 2019