To Register for Classes (add courses)
Log in to AccessRio. Click the student tab at the top of the page. On the student Page, upper left hand side, under Registration Tools, click Add or Drop Classes. Click the correct term and follow the prompts. Be sure to click Submit Changes when you have all your classes. To review and print your schedule scroll to bottom of the page and click Student Detail Schedule.
- WAIT LIST – If the class you want is full, add your name to the wait list – be sure to check your RioMail daily, when a seat opens up and you are notified, you have 48 hours to ADD the class. (See additional WAITLIST information below)
- ADD a class after semester begins – attend the first day of class and request an authorization (add) code from the instructor. Late adds are at the discretion of the instructor and are granted on a space available basis.
IMPORTANT: Instructors will not issue add codes until the first day that their own class meets.
- To request an add code for a fully online class, contact the instructor via their email. Late adds are at the discretion of the instructor and they will send you an email with the add code.
- Register for class after semester begins – LOGIN to AccessRio, click student tab and go to Registration Tools and click Add or Drop classes. Enter the five-digit class CRN into the Add Classes Worksheet at the bottom of the screen. Click [Submit Changes] button. A screen to enter the ADD CODE will pop up. Follow the instructions. Be sure to [VALIDATE] and [Submit changes] – review your schedule and print it out for your records. Remember to make payment in full. You will not be able to make additional changes until your debt is paid in full.
- If you are on the course’s waitlist, read the instructions below.
- Adding a class if you are on the course’s WAITLIST PRIOR to the start of the semester
- You will receive an email notification if a seat in the class becomes available. You are responsible for checking your Riomail email on a daily basis.
- Once you receive the time-stamped email notification that a seat is available, you have exactly 48 hours to complete the ADD process via your AccessRio portal account. If you fail to complete the add process within 48 hours, you will be dropped from the waitlist and the available seat will be offered to the next student on the waitlist. (If you have a debt, you will not be able to add the class until the debt is paid)
- Go to the registration add/drop menu, select the drop down arrow next to the waitlisted class, select registered from the list, select submit changes, your status should have changed from “waitlisted” to “registered”.
- Adding a class if you are on the course’s WAITLIST AFTER the start of the semester
- Students remaining on the waitlist when the semester begins, must attend the first class meeting and obtain an add code from the instructor. (If you have debt, you will not be able to add the class until the debt is paid)
- Go to the registration add/drop menu, select the drop down arrow next to the waitlisted class, enter the add code in the small box, select [VALIDATE], select [Submit Changes]. Your status should have changed from “waitlisted” to “registered”.
PLEASE NOTE: You are responsible for initiating the official drop process. Do not assume you will be dropped by faculty for non-attendance. Failure to officially drop classes will result in assessed enrollment fees for which you are financially responsible as well as failing grades on your college transcript.
There are several ways to drop a class during the drop period. You should have the course number (CRN) and course title. Review important drop deadlines by clicking Important Dates and Deadlines. Simply complete one of the steps below:
- Login to AccessRio portal and drop the class. PLEASE NOTE: If you have a debt, you will not be able to access the Add or Drop screen.
- Submit a DROP request at Admissions & Records counter in person during regular business hours. You will need photo ID, student ID number, course number (CRN), and course name. The assistant at the counter will verify that it is you dropping the class and will proceed to drop you from the class.
- MAIL or FAX DROP Request – Write a letter indicating that you want to drop a course that includes:
- Your full name
- Student ID number
- CRN and course title
- Signature and date
- Copy of your photo ID
Rio Hondo College
Attn: Admissions & Records
3600 Workman Mill Road
Whittier, CA 90601
FAX TO: (562) 692-8318
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IN REGARDS TO DROP DEADLINES:
- DROPPING CLASS BEFORE CLASS BEGINS – The class will not be on your transcript, your fees will be adjusted and you will not have a debt for the class – if you already paid, the accounting office will mail you a check a few weeks after “the last day to drop with refund” unless you register for another class and the enrollment fees will be applied to the new class.
- DROPPING CLASS BY REFUND DEADLINE – The class will not be on your transcript, fees will be adjusted and you will not have a debt for the class – if you already paid, the accounting office will mail you a check a few weeks after the semester begins unless you register for another class and the enrollment fees will be applied to the new class.
- DROP WITHOUT A “W” DEADLINE – The class will not be on your transcript and you will be liable for enrollment fees (no refund or adjustment of fees).
- DROP WITH A “W” DEADLINE – The class will show on your transcript as a “W” and you will be liable for enrollment fees (no refunds or adjustment of fees).
- DROPPING CLASS WITH A DEBT – The Admissions & Records will drop you from a class even if you have a debt. You cannot drop online. You must submit the request by coming to the Admissions & Records counter during regular business hours, and by mail or FAX. If the DROP is after the “REFUND” deadline, you will still be liable for the enrollment fees.