To see a counselor you must have a Rio Hondo Student ID #. Please have your Student ID # ready when calling our center.
- Please call in advance for Express Counseling to check availability as our 45 minute appointments are only available during the Fall and Spring Semesters
- Express Counseling is currently available Monday – Thursday 8:00 A.M.- 6:00 P.M.
No Appointment is Needed for Express Counseling/Walk-Ins. Walk-Ins are provided for the Following Services:
- Student Educational Plan (1-2 Semesters in Length)
- Pre-Requisite Clearances
- Registration Holds
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Course Repetition Petition
- Assessment Exemption Petition
- One Course Substitution
- GPA Calculations
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Transfer Application Review
Winter Session Express Counseling Hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. & Friday 8:00 A.M. – 1 P.M. 01/02 – 01/26/2018.
Our scheduling for 45 minute appointments will reconvene on January 27th, 2018 the start of the Spring Semester.
Students Must Schedule a 45-Minute Appointment with a Counselor for the Following Services:
- Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (All Semesters needed for Degree/Transfer Completion)
- Associate Degree for Transfer Petition
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
- Transfer Counseling
- Academic or Progress Probation
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
For availability, please call the Counseling Center at 562-908-3410 or visit the Counseling Center on the first floor of the Student Services Building in SS160.