To see a counselor you must have a Rio Hondo Student ID #. Please have your Student ID # ready when calling our center.
45 minute appointments are available during the Fall and Spring Semesters
Please call in advance for Express Counseling to check availability
Express Counseling is currently available Wed 8:00 A.M.- 1:00 P.M.
Fri 8:00 A.M.- 1:00 P.M.
Express Counseling Services/Walk-Ins No Appointment Needed for the Following Services:
- Student Educational Plan (1-2 Semesters in Length)
- Pre-Requisite Clearances
- Registration Holds
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Course Repetition Petition
- Assessment Exemption Petition
- One Course Substitution
- GPA Calculations
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Transfer Application Review
Summer semester Express Counseling Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm.
Students Must Schedule a 45-Minute Appointment with a Counselor for the Following Services:
- Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (All Semesters needed for Degree/Transfer Completion)
- Associate Degree for Transfer Petition
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
- Transfer Counseling
- Academic or Progress Probation
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
For an appointment, please call the Counseling Center at 562-908-3410 or visit the Counseling Center on the first floor of the Student Services Building in SS160.