In order to see a Counselor, you need to have a Rio Hondo Student ID#. When calling the Counseling Center, please have your Student ID # ready.
Express Counseling Now Available!
No Appointment Needed for the Following Services:
- Student Educational Plan (1-2 Semesters in Length)
- Pre-Requisite Clearances
- Registration Holds
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Course Repetition Petition
- Assessment Exemption Petition
- One Course Substitution
- GPA Calculations
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Transfer Application Review
Summer Express Counseling Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm.
Students Must Schedule a 45-Minute Appointment with a Counselor for the Following Services:
- Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (All Semesters needed for Degree/Transfer Completion)
- Associate Degree for Transfer Petition
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
- Transfer Counseling
- Academic or Progress Probation
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
For an appointment, please call the Counseling Center at 562-908-3410 or visit the Counseling Center on the first floor of the Student Services Building in SS160.