In order to see a Counselor, you need to have a Rio Hondo Student ID#. When calling the Counseling Center, please have your Student ID # ready.
There are no available 45 minutes appointments available until September 7th. We will start scheduling appointments on August 31st.
We have Express Counseling available until September 4th where no appointment is needed.
Express Counseling is available M-Th 8:00 a.m. – 5:00p.m. and Fri 8:00a.m.- 12:00p.m.
Express Counseling Now Available!
No Appointment Needed for the Following Services:
- Student Educational Plan (1-2 Semesters in Length)
- Pre-Requisite Clearances
- Registration Holds
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Course Repetition Petition
- Assessment Exemption Petition
- One Course Substitution
- GPA Calculations
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Transfer Application Review
Summer Express Counseling Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm.
Students Must Schedule a 45-Minute Appointment with a Counselor for the Following Services:
- Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (All Semesters needed for Degree/Transfer Completion)
- Associate Degree for Transfer Petition
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
- Transfer Counseling
- Academic or Progress Probation
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
For an appointment, please call the Counseling Center at 562-908-3410 or visit the Counseling Center on the first floor of the Student Services Building in SS160 after August 31st, 2015.