To see a counselor you must have a Rio Hondo Student ID #. Please have your Student ID # ready when calling our center.
- Please call in advance for Express Counseling to check availability as our 45 minute appointments are only available during the Fall and Spring Semesters
- Express Counseling is currently available Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Please call in advance for the times, as express counseling solely depends on an available Counselor.
No Appointment is Needed for Express Counseling/Walk-Ins. Walk-Ins are provided for the Following Services:
- Student Educational Plan (1-2 Semesters in Length)
- Pre-Requisite Clearances
- Registration Holds
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Course Repetition Petition
- Assessment Exemption Petition
- One Course Substitution
- GPA Calculations
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Transfer Application Review
Winter Session Express Counseling Hours:
Tuesday,Thursday, and Friday 8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. & Friday 8:00 A.M. – 1 P.M. 01/02 – 01/26/2018.
Our scheduling for 45 minute appointments will reconvene on January 27th, 2018 the start of the Spring Semester.
Students Must Schedule a 45-Minute Appointment with a Counselor for the Following Services:
- Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (All Semesters needed for Degree/Transfer Completion)
- Associate Degree for Transfer Petition
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
- Transfer Counseling
- Academic or Progress Probation
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
For availability, please call the Counseling Center at 562-908-3410 or visit the Counseling Center on the first floor of the Student Services Building in SS160.