To see a counselor you must have a Rio Hondo Student ID#. First time students will have a RHC Student ID# issued approximately 48 hours after completing their CCCApply admission application. Please have your Student ID# ready when calling our center.
- Please call in advance to check availability as staffing could be limited due to illness or other unanticipated event. 45 minute appointments are only available during the Fall and Spring Semesters. Express Counseling is currently available during Spring 2022 on Monday through Friday.
No Appointment is Needed for Express Counseling for the following Services:
- Student Educational Plan (1-2 Semesters in Length)
- Pre-Requisite Clearances
- Registration Holds
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Course Repetition Petition
- Assessment Exemption Petition
- One Course Substitution
- GPA Calculations
Fall 2023 Express Counseling Hours:
Monday- Thursday : 8:00am – 7:00pm*
Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm*
*Please be advised that times for express counseling may change without notice due to the availability of counselors. During high volume times, the waitlist may close early when we’ve reached capacity for the day.
Students Must Schedule an Appointment with a Counselor for the Following Services:
- Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (All Semesters needed for Degree/Transfer Completion)
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
- Transfer Counseling
- Academic or Progress Probation
- AA/AS, Certificate, or Associate Degree for Transfer Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
For availability, please call the Counseling Center at 562-908-3410 or log into your AccessRio, click on the Academics tab on the left, and view Online Counseling Services on the right.