To see a counselor you must have a Rio Hondo Student ID #. Please have your Student ID # ready when calling our center.
- Please call in advance for Express Counseling to check availability as our 45 minute appointments are only available during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Express Counseling is currently available Thursday and Friday. Please call in advance for the times, as express counseling solely depends on an available Counselor.
No Appointment is Needed for Express Counseling/Walk-Ins. Walk-Ins are provided for the Following Services:
- Student Educational Plan (1-2 Semesters in Length)
- Pre-Requisite Clearances
- Registration Holds
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Course Repetition Petition
- Assessment Exemption Petition
- One Course Substitution
- GPA Calculations
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio Only)
- Transfer Application Review
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 the Counseling Center will only have a select amount of counselors available for walk-ins. Please be advised and plan accordingly. Thank you.
The Counseling Center at this moment will not be making any more appointments to see a counselor until the third week of Spring 2019 semester. Thank you for your patience.
Winter 2019 Session Express Counseling Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
Fridays: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
*Please be advised that times for express counseling may change without notice
Students Must Schedule a 45-Minute Appointment with a Counselor for the Following Services:
- Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (All Semesters needed for Degree/Transfer Completion)
- Associate Degree for Transfer Petition
- Academic Renewal (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
- Transfer Counseling
- Academic or Progress Probation
- AA/AS Grad Petition (For courses completed at Rio and Other Colleges)
For availability, please call the Counseling Center at 562-908-3410 or visit the Counseling Center on the first floor of the Student Services Building in SS160.