Please note: the Rio Hondo College Office of Financial Aid does NOT award scholarships.
If you are interested in applying for scholarships please try the following links:
If you are a scholarship donor, or a student that has received a private scholarship to be disbursed from Rio Hondo College please review the appropriate section below:
If you are a scholarship donor, have awarded a scholarship to a Rio Hondo College student and wish to have Rio Hondo disburse the award, please follow the steps below.
- Make the check out to Rio Hondo College
- Mail the check to Rio Hondo College, 3600 Workman Mill Road, Whittier, CA 90601 Attn: Corinna Jaramillo – Financial Aid
- Include a letter with the following:
- Name of Rio Hondo student to receive the award.
- Student’s Rio Hondo ID number.
- Specify which semester scholarship is intended.
- Specify if scholarship is to be used for registration fees only.
- Please include any criteria student must meet before being disbursed the scholarship. Example: 2.0 GPA, enrolled in 6 units etc.
- Please include a contact number/email to direct any questions regarding the scholarship.
Please note: Once any outstanding college fees are paid, the remainder of the scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the student.
Please note, even if the full amount is awarded to you, any fees owed to the College will be automatically deducted and the balance given to you. Financial Aid will process the scholarship check 15-21 days after it is received. The President’s Office will contact you to pick up the check.
Questions can be directed to Corinna Jaramillio at (562) 463-3361.