If you are new to online teaching, then you must complete the training to teach online by the following dates.
These deadline dates are the same each year even if they fall on a weekend. Certification will take 20 hours or less of your time at your own pace.
- Fall: Certified by April 30th
- Spring: Certified by September 30
- Summer: Certified by February 28
Canvas Training Modules
You need to complete the following Canvas modules:
- Intro to Teaching with Canvas Self-Paced Version – Part 1 of 3(a score of 20 to complete)
- Rio Hondo College Distance Education Best Practices – Part 2 of 3(a score of 88 to complete)
- Intro to Accessibility/Compliance – Part 3 of 3(a score of 15 to complete)
If you do not have access to these Canvas modules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access.
Completion of Online Teaching Certification
Once you have completed the training modules, contact email@example.com again to verify completion. Once verified, you will be put on a list of faculty who have completed the online certification process which is kept by the DE Department. If you need a certificate of completion to share with another California Community College, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Faculty Forms
- Online Course Expectations Letter – Online Form (*To be filled out ONLY by Online Faculty teaching Course Type “WEB“)
- Regular and Effective Contact – Online Form (*To be filled out ONLY by Online Faculty teaching Course Type “WEB“)
*Please note: The Course Expectations Letter and Regular and Effective Contact forms are filled out by instructors teaching a confirmed online class only. A confirmed online course is one that have been designed and approved as an online course by the Curriculum Committee. In the Course Schedule, online courses that have been approved for online delivery have Course Type as “WEB”.
Regular/Effective Contact Form Submission Look Up
Please click on the link below to look up your submission. It will prompt you to download an Excel spreadsheet with the latest information.
Online Teaching Certification Look Up
Online Course Expectation Form Look Up
Please click on the link below to look up your submission. It will prompt you to download an Excel spreadsheet with the latest information