Read Across America, sponsored by the National Education Association, is an annual event that promotes reading to students of all ages and which takes place this year on March 2, 2023. For the fifth year in a row, RHC Library will sponsor an annual Read Across America “poster” project to showcase RHC’s love of books and reading!
How to participate (2024)
All students, faculty, staff, and administrators are welcome to participate. Here’s how:
- Take a picture of yourself holding a favorite book. Make sure your face and book cover are visible. (We can also arrange to take your photo if it’s easier.)
- Email the picture to Librarian Claudia Rivas at email@example.com or email her to arrange to have your picture taken with the book.
- In your email, include 1 or 2 sentences explaining why this is your favorite book, or why it is an important book to read.
- Claudia will format the image and text for social media purposes. She will send the final photo to you for approval.
- All finalized images will be posted on the Library’s social media channels and on the Library website.
The deadline to submit your Read Across America image would be Friday, February 23, 2024.
View all previous participants here: