Spring 2023 registration begins on Oct 13, 2022, with MESA Priority starting on Wednesday, Nov 2, 2022.
Check your Registration Status in AccessRio to see your specific day and time and whether you have priority registration. You will not get priority registration if you have not participated in AEWs and/or other MESA events as required.
NOTE: Only enroll in courses on your updated educational plan. Contact Dr. Spieler, Erik Belmal, or Viviana Villanueva if you need to modify your educational plan.
Before registration starts, please do the following:
- Develop a reasonable schedule in your Google calendar or use this Excel for Schedule
- Please note for your 4-unit math/science course you need to plan a minimum of 12 hours of studying, 15 hours for your chemistry courses.
- Schedule 6 hours for your non-STEM general education courses.
- Your schedule will include for each course: AEW, Bullet Point Reading, Bullet Point Notes, and Bullet Point Concepts, and the bulk of it will probably be doing homework!
- Work with us if you need help!!
Course Selection: Spring 2023. Most courses are in person. We are suggesting sections, so you have other MESA students to collaborate with. Plan to be on campus as much as possible. You’ll find it easier to study and work with your peers.
- Be careful in selecting courses so that there is minimal conflict with MESA Hour and your AEW. Please consult Dr. Spieler, Erik Belmal, or Viviana Villanueva.
- If you wish to enroll in 3 STEM classes, check with Dr. Spieler, Erik Belmal or Viviana Villanueva.
- Use the AEW schedule to see which courses and AEWs make for the better schedule (Remember, you want some time to review after class).
- Bio Majors: Double check whether you need Phy 212. Phy 212 is no longer a prerequisite for Phy 213. However, you must have passed Math 191 and Phy 211 to take Phy 213.