Fall 2019 Registration begins on July 8, 2019 with MESA Priority starting on July 10, 2019. Please check your Registration Status on AccessRio to see your specific day and time and whether you have priority registration. You will not get priority registration if you have not participated in AEWs and/or other MESA events as required.
NOTE: Only enroll in courses on your educational plan. See Dr.Spieler-Persad, Erik Belmal, or Viviana if you need to make changes to your educational plan.
Before registration starts please do the following:
- To develop a reasonable schedule you should make your schedule Excel or your Google calendar.
- Please note for your 4-unit math/science course you need to plan 12 hours of studying, 15 hours for your chemistry courses.
- Schedule 6 hours for your non-STEM general education courses.
- Your schedule will include for each course: AEW, Bullet Point Reading, Bullet Point Notes, and Bullet Point Concepts and the bulk of it will probably be doing homework!
- Work with us, if you need help!!
Who is required to hand in their completed schedule before registration? All first year MESA|TRIO students and some of you who are notified by staff.
Course Selection: Fall 2019
- If at all possible, don’t enroll in any courses during MESA hour or your AEWs. (Speak to Dr. Spieler before you do)
- Do not take 3 STEM classes unless it is on your ed-plan, and check with Dr. Spieler or Erik.
- Don’t take math and chemistry on the same day. Enroll in the following sections if at all possible:
- If you plan to enroll in Chem 120 or 130 with lecture on T/R from 12:50pm – 2:15pm speak to Dr. Spieler or Erik first.
- Chem 120: Take section 70724
- Chem 130: Take the Mon/Wed class, AVOID 75146, it’s during MESA Hour and AEW.
- Math 175: Take section 71311, 71315, 71316, or 75285
- Math 180:
- The M/W class take 71317, 71318, 74395. (74395 class is taught by a former MESA student who now has her Master’s degree in Math — AWESOME)
- If you are in Chem 130 or 140, take Tue, Thurs Sections 71317
- Math 190: Take Section 71319, 71320, 74396 or 75287
- Math 191: Take section 71334 or 72332
- Math 250: Take Section 71336
- Physics Lab: If you have a math AEW or MESA Hour during one lab time, please take the other lab.
- Physics 213, take section 70808 (Vaca’s Lab)
- Use the AEW schedule so see which courses and AEWs make for the better schedule (Remember you want some time to review after class).
- Bio Majors: Double check whether you need Phy 212. Phy 212 is no longer a pre-requisite for Phy 213. However, you must have passed Math 191 and Phy 211 to take Phy 213.