Research Internships and Academic Enrichment Programs
Summer research internships and academic enrichment programs are a fantastic opportunity to gain experience, improve critical thinking skills, make new friends with students from across the country, and work with professors at institutions like Harvard University, Princeton University, UCLA, and UC Berkeley.
These programs are typically posted from late fall through the early spring with deadlines ranging form late January through March.
The Center for Biological Physics in collaboration with the Department of Physics at Rio Hondo College has created an opportunity for RHC students to work on original research in soft condensed matter and biological physics in collaboration with UCLA faculty.
Rio Hondo – CA Space Grant Consortium Internship Spring Summer 2019
Participants will learn how to program Arduinos, participate in NASA webinars, design and develop a team project under the guidance of a faculty member, and showcase their project during a visit to a NASA Center (JPL or Armstrong). Participants may qualify for a $600 stipend.
Application for Spring 2019 cancelled.
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
Booklet with 45 pages of opportunities: SUMMER REU GUIDE 2019
Summer opportunities emailed to Dr. Spieler and Erik (This file will be updated as we find new opportunities. The new stuff will be at the beginning of the file)
You can search by discipline through over 1000 summer research opportunities at the National Science Foundation REU site.
Other REU flyers collected at the 2018 SACNAS Conference: (these are scanned, no live links)
Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP)
- Call Poly Pomona CAMPARE
- Global Environmental Microbioloy (GEM) Summer Course (USC)
- Center for Dark Energy Biosphere Investigations (C-DEBI)
- Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center Michigan State University
- Summer Internships at National Labs
- Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program
- Science, Mathematics, & Research For Transformation (SMART)
- U.S. Department of Energy Community College Internships
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Summer Internships in Biomedical Research
- Homeland Security Health & Science (HS-STEM) Summer Internship Program
- EDGE: A Program for Women in Mathematics
- Mayo Clinic Graduate School Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship