CSU General Education Breadth Requirements
As part of the general education requirements for a bachelor’s degree, all CSU students must meet the minimum of forty-eighty (48) semester units of general education breadth requirements. The general education requirement includes:
- Thirty-nine (39) semester units of lower-division general education courses (can be completed at RHC) AND
- At least nine units (9) of upper-division courses (must be completed at the CSU campus)
- Note: The completion of the CSU-GE at RHC is not an admission requirement
Rio Hondo College can certify up to 39 lower-division GE units. Students who are certified with 39 semester units of lower-division GE will only be required to complete a minimum of 9 semester units of upper division general education work after transfer.
- Rio Hondo College CSU-GE Advising Sheet
- Associate Degree Verification Form.
- Contact a Campus Admissions Office
- CSU Local Admission and Service Areas
- Cal State Apply Counselor Resources
- CSU Application Workshop
- CSU Transcript Entry Guide
- Instructions if ADT Program is Not Listed in the CSU Application
- CSU Checklist & Important Deadlines