What is the UC Transfer Admission Guarantee Program?
The UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program offers qualified California Community College students guaranteed admission to one of the six participating UC campuses: Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz.
How and When Can I Apply?
- Complete the Transfer Admission Planner and TAG application at http://uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu
- Submit your TAG application September 1 – 30 (for Fall 2023 admission)
- Submit the UC admission application November 1 – 30 (for Fall 2023 admission) at www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions
Keep in mind: TAG applications are due Sept. 30, but you can only apply for a TAG at one campus. To keep your options open, apply to other UC campuses during the regular application cycle (Nov. 1-30)
Each UC campus has very specific TAG requirements that you can learn more about by visiting the links below. You might be eligible for a TAG if you meet these basic requirements in addition to the campus specific criteria:
- Have earned 30+ UC transferable units at the time of your TAG application
- Have a UC transferable GPA of 2.8 – 3.5 or higher (varies by campus)
- Campus-specific requirements:
Helpful Resources for Completing the TAG Application