♦ Location: SS130 ♦ Phone: (562) 908-3411 ♦ Federal School Code: 001269 ♦ CONTACT US
- Monday and Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Welcome to Rio Hondo College Financial Aid Office!
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. Financial aid is money that helps you pay for the cost of your education (college fees, books and supplies). Rio Hondo College (RHC) participates in most Federal and State financial aid programs.
SAP Appeal Forms are now available for submission. Click the Forms link on the side navigation bar. Please follow the directions.
- It’s that time again. The 2015/2016 FAFSA application is now available for completion at https://fafsa.ed.gov. If you do not have your 2014 tax information, select Will File from the drop-down menu when asked about your 2014 taxes. Be sure to correct the information once you have done your 2014 taxes. The priority deadline is March 2. This FAFSA will be valid Fall 2015 through Summer 2016.
- You may still submit an Income Reduction during the Spring semester, but you will need your 2014 taxes along with the other required information.
- All Disbursement dates can be found in the Calendar section. We will update the dates throughout the school term.
- There is still time to submit the 2014-2015 FAFSA.
- All financial aid federal and state disbursements will be delivered to you via the refund preference you chose with Higher One.
- All BOGW refund checks are processed through the Accounting Office and mailed to your address on record within 6-8 weeks. No refunds can be made once the semester has ended.
Financial Aid Processing at Rio Hondo:
- Please allow 5-7 business days from the time you submit your FAFSA application until it is downloaded into our system. If it has been more than 10 business days and your FAFSA is still not in our system, please come to our office so we may “trouble-shoot”.
- Once we have your application in our system, you will receive an email from our office to your Rio Email with further instructions.
- All students will need to logon to their Access Rio Hondo portal in order to accept the Terms and Conditions and to view and download any required documents
- Required documents are turned into the Financial Aid office for processing. Processing time take 8-12 weeks.