Location: SS130 ♦ Phone: (562) 463-3370 ♦ Federal School Code: 001269 ♦ CONTACT US
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Welcome to Rio Hondo College Financial Aid Office!
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. Financial aid is money that helps you pay for the cost of your education (college fees, books and supplies). Rio Hondo College (RHC) participates in most Federal and State financial aid programs.
There is still time to complete the 2015/2016 FAFSA application at https://fafsa.ed.gov. Go to our How to Apply link for video tutorials on how to complete your FAFSA and apply for a FSA ID.
(New 2/25/2016) Students can download their 1098-T form from 1098t.com. Please note that if you received the BOG fee waiver will not receive a 1098t.
(1/25/2016) GPA Verification for Cal Grant 2016-2017 Academic Year – this is the Student’s Requirement
- Check the status of your GPA verification on Web Grants for Students
- Web Grants for Students > Cal Grant > Application Status > At the bottom of the screen.
- A green checkmark √ – Completed
- Red – Requirement
*If you do not see a green check mark, then it means you did not meet the requirements set by the California Student Aid Commission for Rio Hondo to transmit your GPA
Requirement: Completed 24 transferable units or more
If your Financial aid application is received in our system AFTER fall semester ends (December 11, 2015) we will NOT be able to award you the BOG fee waiver for that semester.
2016/2017 FAFSA applications will be available on the FAFSA website starting January 1, 2016.
The 2015/2016 FAFSA covers Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Summer 2016.
The 2016/2017 FAFSA covers Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017.
Students interested in the Federal Work Study program click here for more information.
If you have any questions, please come to the office of Financial Aid.
- Former Everest students that have been asked to submit transcripts to Rio Hondo College please follow the instructions from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to request your transcripts.
- Don’t miss another Financial Aid Deadline, know when the next disbursement date is, etc. Sign up and receive phone text messages. It’s very simple just TEXT:@25538 to:81010. You will be on the student text list to receive General phone texts regarding Financial Aid (for personal financial aid information, you need to go to your AccessRio Portal). If you have any trouble, come to our office and we will be glad to help you.
- All Disbursement dates can be found in the Calendar section. We will update the dates throughout the school term.
- All financial aid federal and state disbursements will be delivered to you via the refund preference you chose with Higher One.
- All BOGW refund checks are processed through the Accounting Office and mailed to your address on record within 6-8 weeks. No refunds can be made once the semester has ended.