Location: SS130 ♦ Phone: (562) 908-3411 ♦ Federal School Code: 001269 ♦ CONTACT US
- Monday and Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Welcome to Rio Hondo College Financial Aid Office!
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. Financial aid is money that helps you pay for the cost of your education (college fees, books and supplies). Rio Hondo College (RHC) participates in most Federal and State financial aid programs.
New: The final deadline to turn in any required documents for the 2014/2015 school term is, Friday May 22, 2015 by 12:00 noon. If we do not have the financial aid required documents by that time, we will be unable to process your 2014/2015 FAFSA application for financial aid.Please check your AccessRio portal to see if you have any unsatisfied student requirements and to see if you have accepted your Terms and Conditions.
New: Please be informed that we have not yet downloaded the 2015/2016 FAFSA applications into our system. Once we have downloaded these FAFSA applications, you will receive an email sent to your RioHondo email with further instructions.
- The deadline to turn in SAP appeals has passed. You will be able to turn in a SAP appeal in Fall 2015. We will post the date when they become available.
- When semester grades are posted, we will check student’s SAP eligibility. Please go to your AccessRio portal where you can check your SAP eligibility in the Eligibility tab.
- Don’t miss another Financial Aid Deadline, know when the next disbursement date is, etc. Sign up and receive phone text messages. It’s very simple just TEXT:@25538 to:81010. You will be on the student text list to receive General phone texts regarding Financial Aid (for personal financial aid information, you need to go to your AccessRio Portal). If you have any trouble, come to our office and we will be glad to help you.
It’s that time again. The 2015/2016 FAFSA application is now available for completion at https://fafsa.ed.gov. If you do not have your 2014 tax information, select Will File from the drop-down menu when asked about your 2014 taxes. Be sure to correct the information once you have done your 2014 taxes. The priority deadline is March 2. This FAFSA will be valid Fall 2015 through Summer 2016.
- You may still submit an Income Reduction during the Spring semester, but you will need your 2014 taxes along with the other required information.
- All Disbursement dates can be found in the Calendar section. We will update the dates throughout the school term.
- There is still time to submit the 2014-2015 FAFSA.
- All financial aid federal and state disbursements will be delivered to you via the refund preference you chose with Higher One.
- All BOGW refund checks are processed through the Accounting Office and mailed to your address on record within 6-8 weeks. No refunds can be made once the semester has ended.
Financial Aid Processing at Rio Hondo:
- Please allow 5-7 business days from the time you submit your FAFSA application until it is downloaded into our system. If it has been more than 10 business days and your FAFSA is still not in our system, please come to our office so we may “trouble-shoot”.
- Once we have your application in our system, you will receive an email from our office to your Rio Email with further instructions.
- All students will need to logon to their Access Rio Hondo portal in order to accept the Terms and Conditions and to view and download any required documents
- Required documents are turned into the Financial Aid office for processing. Processing time may take 8-12 weeks.