Location: SS130 ♦ Phone: (562) 463-3370 ♦ Federal School Code: 001269 ♦ CONTACT US
- Monday and Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- IN OBSERVANCE OF 4TH OF JULY, THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED ON FRIDAY, JULY 3. WE WILL RESUME NORMAL HOURS ON MONDAY.
HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY
Welcome to Rio Hondo College Financial Aid Office!
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. Financial aid is money that helps you pay for the cost of your education (college fees, books and supplies). Rio Hondo College (RHC) participates in most Federal and State financial aid programs.
New: Bogg Waiver. If you would like to considered for a Summer 2015 Bogg waiver, you must have a 2014/2015 FAFSA application in our system. The deadline to complete a 2014/2015 FAFSA is June 30th. If you have not completed your FAFSA application by then, you will not be eligible for a Summer Bogg waiver.
The final deadline to turn in any required documents for the 2014/2015 school term was, Friday May 22, 2015. If we did not receive the financial aid required documents by that time, we were unable to process your 2014/2015 FAFSA application for financial aid.
Summer Pell Disbursements for Continuing Students
In order to receive a Summer Pell disbursement you must meet the following:
- Attended Rio Hondo and received a Pell grant for Fall, 2014 and/or Spring, 2015
- Attending Summer session
- Have remaining Pell eligibility. Which means that you did not receive your full Pell grant for either or both Fall and Spring semesters.
- Not receive a grant from another school for the 2014/2015 academic year.
- Met SAP eligibility
- Summer disbursements will be paid in 30%,30% and 40% disbursements. See Calendar for dates.
If you have any questions, please come to the office of Financial Aid.
2015/2016 FAFSA applications- We are in the process of downloading the 2015/2016 FAFSA applications into our system. Once we have your FAFSA application in our system, you will receive an email sent to your RioHondo email account with further instructions.
- The deadline to turn in SAP appeals has passed. You will be able to turn in a SAP appeal in Fall 2015. We will post the date when they become available.
- When semester grades are posted, we will check student’s SAP eligibility. Please go to your AccessRio portal where you can check your SAP eligibility in the Eligibility tab.
- Don’t miss another Financial Aid Deadline, know when the next disbursement date is, etc. Sign up and receive phone text messages. It’s very simple just TEXT:@25538 to:81010. You will be on the student text list to receive General phone texts regarding Financial Aid (for personal financial aid information, you need to go to your AccessRio Portal). If you have any trouble, come to our office and we will be glad to help you.
It’s that time again. The 2015/2016 FAFSA application is now available for completion at https://fafsa.ed.gov. Go to our How to Apply link for video tutorials on how to complete your FAFSA and apply for a FSA ID.
If you do not have your 2014 tax information, select Will File from the drop-down menu when asked about your 2014 taxes. Be sure to correct the information once you have done your 2014 taxes. The priority deadline is March 2. This FAFSA will be valid Fall 2015 through Summer 2016.
- All Disbursement dates can be found in the Calendar section. We will update the dates throughout the school term.
- All financial aid federal and state disbursements will be delivered to you via the refund preference you chose with Higher One.
- All BOGW refund checks are processed through the Accounting Office and mailed to your address on record within 6-8 weeks. No refunds can be made once the semester has ended.
Financial Aid Processing at Rio Hondo:
- Please allow 5-7 business days from the time you submit your FAFSA application until it is downloaded into our system. If it has been more than 10 business days and your FAFSA is still not in our system, please come to our office so we may “trouble-shoot”.
- Once we have your application in our system, you will receive an email from our office to your Rio Email with further instructions.
- All students will need to logon to their Access Rio Hondo portal in order to accept the Terms and Conditions and to view and download any required documents
- Required documents are turned into the Financial Aid office for processing. Processing time may take 8-12 weeks.