Location: SS130 ♦ Phone: (562) 463-3370 ♦ Federal School Code: 001269 ♦ CONTACT US
- Monday and Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Welcome to Rio Hondo College Financial Aid Office!
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. Financial aid is money that helps you pay for the cost of your education (college fees, books and supplies). Rio Hondo College (RHC) participates in most Federal and State financial aid programs.
New: The financial aid office has brought in most of the 2015/2016 FAFSA applications. Please check your Rio Hondo email. When we have your 2015/2016 application in our system, you will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office instructing you to review your unsatisfied documents. Please bring any requested documents to the Financial Aid office as soon as possible.
Students interested in the Federal Work Study program click here for more information.
Summer Pell Disbursements for Continuing Students
In order to receive a Summer Pell disbursement you must meet the following:
- Attended Rio Hondo and received a Pell grant for Fall, 2014 and/or Spring, 2015
- Attending Summer session
- Have remaining Pell eligibility. Which means that you did not receive your full Pell grant for either or both Fall and Spring semesters.
- Not receive a grant from another school for the 2014/2015 academic year.
- Met SAP eligibility
- Summer disbursements will be paid in 30%,30% and 40% disbursements. See Calendar for dates.
If you have any questions, please come to the office of Financial Aid.
- The deadline to turn in SAP appeals has passed. You will be able to turn in a SAP appeal in Fall 2015. We will post the date when they become available.
- When semester grades are posted, we will check student’s SAP eligibility. Please go to your AccessRio portal where you can check your SAP eligibility in the Eligibility tab.
- Don’t miss another Financial Aid Deadline, know when the next disbursement date is, etc. Sign up and receive phone text messages. It’s very simple just TEXT:@25538 to:81010. You will be on the student text list to receive General phone texts regarding Financial Aid (for personal financial aid information, you need to go to your AccessRio Portal). If you have any trouble, come to our office and we will be glad to help you.
There is still time to complete the 2015/2016 FAFSA application at https://fafsa.ed.gov. Go to our How to Apply link for video tutorials on how to complete your FAFSA and apply for a FSA ID.
- All Disbursement dates can be found in the Calendar section. We will update the dates throughout the school term.
- All financial aid federal and state disbursements will be delivered to you via the refund preference you chose with Higher One.
- All BOGW refund checks are processed through the Accounting Office and mailed to your address on record within 6-8 weeks. No refunds can be made once the semester has ended.
Financial Aid Processing at Rio Hondo:
- Please allow 5-7 business days from the time you submit your FAFSA application until it is downloaded into our system. If it has been more than 10 business days and your FAFSA is still not in our system, please come to our office so we may “trouble-shoot”.
- Once we have your application in our system, you will receive an email from our office to your Rio Email with further instructions.
- All students will need to logon to their Access Rio Hondo portal in order to accept the Terms and Conditions and to view and download any required documents
- Required documents are turned into the Financial Aid office for processing. Processing time may take 8-12 weeks.