♦ Location: SS130 ♦ Phone: (562) 908-3411 ♦ Federal School Code: 001269 ♦ CONTACT US
Temporary Winter Hours
- Monday -Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
NOTE: Our office will be closed 12-24-14 thru 1-1-15. We will reopen 1-2-15
Welcome to Rio Hondo College Financial Aid Office!
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. Financial aid is money that helps you pay for the cost of your education (college fees, books and supplies). Rio Hondo College (RHC) participates in most Federal and State financial aid programs.
- You may still submit an Income Reduction during the Spring semester, but you will need your 2014 taxes along with the other required information.
- Once we have your application in our system, you will receive an email from our office to your Rio Email with further instructions. Please allow 5-7 business days from the time you submit your FAFSA application until it is downloaded into our system. Please go to your AccessRio Portal for any required documents.
- To check on the status of your financial aid and to see what documents we need from you log in to your AccessRio Portal.
- All Disbursement dates can be found in the Calendar section. We will update the dates throughout the school term.
- There is still time to submit the 2014-2015 FAFSA.
- All financial aid federal and state disbursements will be delivered to you via the refund preference you chose with Higher One.
- All BOGW refund checks are processed through the Accounting Office and mailed to your address on record within 6-8 weeks.