Location: SS130 ♦ Phone: (562) 463-3370 ♦ Federal School Code: 001269 ♦ CONTACT US
- Monday and Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Welcome to Rio Hondo College Financial Aid Office!
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. Financial aid is money that helps you pay for the cost of your education (college fees, books and supplies). Rio Hondo College (RHC) participates in most Federal and State financial aid programs.
New: Financial Aid Information sessions. Get answers to many commonly asked questions in these free workshops. Students and parents are all welcome to attend these short Q&A sessions. For dates and times and more information please check the Financial Aid Calendar.
New: Loan workshops will be posted when the Fall semester begins in the Calendar section. Please click on the Federal Program link on the Menu to see what the process is for applying for a student loan.
The financial aid office has brought in most of the 2015/2016 FAFSA applications. Please check your Rio Hondo email. When we have your 2015/2016 application in our system, you will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office instructing you to review your unsatisfied documents. Please bring any requested documents to the Financial Aid office as soon as possible.
Students interested in the Federal Work Study program click here for more information.
If you have any questions, please come to the office of Financial Aid.
- Don’t miss another Financial Aid Deadline, know when the next disbursement date is, etc. Sign up and receive phone text messages. It’s very simple just TEXT:@25538 to:81010. You will be on the student text list to receive General phone texts regarding Financial Aid (for personal financial aid information, you need to go to your AccessRio Portal). If you have any trouble, come to our office and we will be glad to help you.
There is still time to complete the 2015/2016 FAFSA application at https://fafsa.ed.gov. Go to our How to Apply link for video tutorials on how to complete your FAFSA and apply for a FSA ID.
- All Disbursement dates can be found in the Calendar section. We will update the dates throughout the school term.
- All financial aid federal and state disbursements will be delivered to you via the refund preference you chose with Higher One.
- All BOGW refund checks are processed through the Accounting Office and mailed to your address on record within 6-8 weeks. No refunds can be made once the semester has ended.