Computer systems and applications are critical to almost every organization. Computer related occupations are listed in the “Top 100 Fastest Growing Occupations in California, 2014-2024” by the State of California Employment Development Department. Network and Computer Systems Administrators earn an average of $79,700 per year. Many employers only require an Associate degree with industry certifications. Software development occupations in California are expected to grow by over 40% through 2014. Office professionals are employed in private industry, schools, healthcare facilities, and government offices.
Launch your career at Rio Hondo College. Our programs will prepare you with the skills to make you marketable. Many of our courses are offered at night to make your transition to a better career attainable.
Programs include associate degrees and certificates of achievement in:
- Computer Science – Guaranteed admission to a Cal State University with this Associate in Science for Transfer degree.
- Cloud Computing – Learn how to deliver on-demand computing services over the internet.
- Computer Systems – Learn to program in C++, Java or Python
- Cybersecurity Degree or Certificate – Learn how to keep computer networks and systems secure
- Network Administrator – Manage computer networks using industry leading Cisco® Equipment
- Office Technologies – Manage an office using the latest Microsoft® Applications
- System Administrator – Configure and maintain Microsoft® servers and clients
We also have career certificates with a low number of units required:
- Career Certificates – Get skills to get you employed while you continue your journey toward a degree.