A badge completed online and is earned after learning about a specific topic in an online environment e.g. NexusEdge and taking a short quiz to demonstrate you learned the topic. In this case, you are earning 7 badges on 7 different career preparation topics.
What are the career badge topics?
- Cover Letter
- Interview Preparation
- Professional Associations
- Informational Interviews
- Internship and work etiquette
Why should I do the online badges?
- Learn how to successfully find an internship or job. • Get prioritized for interviews with participating employers • Earn extra credit for classes with participating faculty • Wear a special sash at graduation (the sash is a free rental) if you are completing a degree in the Business division.
How it works?
- Create a free account with NexusEdge at www.nexusedge.com
- Complete all 7 Rio Hondo College Career Prep badges.
- After finishing the badges, show your participating professor if you can earn extra credit.
- If you are graduating in the Spring semester with any degree in Accounting, Business, or CIT you will be able to wear a special “graduation sash” (the sash is a free rental). This is a special recognition for all your hard work during your journey here at Rio Hondo College. (Badges must be completed by April 1 to qualify for use of the graduation sash.)
Read an article highlighting the career prep badges and a students journey completing them.
For more information please contact the Business Division office at 562-463-7359