Hospitality Management coursework emphasizes guest service strategies, effective communication skills, teamwork, leadership, ethics, and critical thinking. Today, the industry is more than hotel and restaurant services. Opportunities also exist within airlines, cruise lines, sports arenas, entertainment, and amusement parks to name a few.
- The hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing in California
- The 10 yr (2014-24) growth rate for lodging manager jobs is 8%; food service managers 5%
- The 10 yr (2014-24) growth rate for entry and supervisory level positions for California (e.g. in food service, bartending, event planning, front desk and housekeeping) is 6% – 30%
- Students earn industry recognized certifications e.g. ServSafe for food & beverage operations
- On completion, students are job-ready for the hospitality industry
- On completion, students are ready to transfer seamlessly into Hospitality Management and related degree programs at neighboring universities including Cal Poly Pomona, CSU Long Beach, and CSU Northridge
Estimated Cost of Program
Associates of Science Degree in Hospitality Management: $4, 444
Courses offered Fall 2018
HOSP 101 Introduction to the Hospitality Industry (3) Transfers to CSU
This course provides an overview of the hospitality industry with perspectives on customer service, operations, and career opportunities. Key industry segments are presented with close attention to service standards, trends, and issues, the interrelationships between industry segments and the connections with
the tourism industry.
HOSP 102 Introduction to Hotel Operations (3) Transfers to CSU
This course is designed to introduce students to the hotel industry. Students will gain an understanding of hotel organization and classification, and the range of hotel operations including front office, housekeeping, food and beverage, information systems, accounting, and property maintenance. They will also gain an understanding of how these functional areas work together to deliver the guest experience and exceed
Hospitality Management Counselor