TechConnect Zoom is a video conferencing tool that you can use to facilitate live online class sessions in place of your face-to-face meetings. Helpful features include screen sharing, a digital whiteboard, break out rooms, and the option to record to the cloud to create an archive with an auto-generated transcript that can be viewed by students at a later time. Students do not need accounts to attend sessions in Zoom and they can connect from a phone with the free Zoom mobile app.
If you need training on how to use TechConnect Zoom, please see info below:
- Canvas – TechConnect Zoom – Instructor Guide
- Canvas – Student Connect – Appointment Booking – Instructor Guide
- Canvas – TechConnect Zoom – Error When Connecting Using Firefox or Chrome
CCC TechConnect Support
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Friday 8AM – 4PM
Monday – Friday 7AM – 4PM
Conferences is a web-conferencing tool that is fully integrated with the Canvas LMS. Conferences allows users to broadcast real-time audio and video, demo applications, or share presentation slides. These features make this tool ideal for online class sessions, lectures, and office hours. The web-conference tool behind conferences in Canvas is called “BigBlueButton”.
- Canvas Conferences Overview
- Start a conference: BigBlueButtonConferencesInCanvas(PDF)
- Conferences Overview (Instructors): https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1101-conferences-overview-instructors
- Video Tutorials for BigBlueButton Conferences: https://bigbluebutton.org/html5/