Step 1 – Apply
- New students MUST complete an online application at www.riohondo.edu/continuing-education/get-started/ The link will direct students to create a Noncredit Application for Admission to College for CCCApply. New students will be asked to “create an account” if they have never been a Rio Hondo students before.
- Begin answering the questions on the California Community College website. You will need an email account.
- Enter your personal information such as legal name, date of birth and social security number/ taxpayer identification number. If you do not want to input your social security number/ taxpayer identification number you can click ‘No, I do not have a social security number or taxpayer identification number, or I decline to provide one at this time’ and check the box that appears at the bottom. Then click “continue”.
- Enter your contact information such as email, telephone number and permanent address. Once you have entered this information click “continue”.
- You will be asked to create a username and password, security pin and three security questions. This information will be needed when you login to your account, recover your account password or username. Once you have entered this information you will click “I am not a robot”; verify by clicking on images then click “Create my Account. Please save this information in a secure place.
- Once you have created your account, you will receive an “account created” notification/email with your CCC ID number. Click “continue” to complete your CCC Application.
- You will then select the Summer you are applying for, educational goal, intended major or program of study. Answer as much as you can. Click “continue” when done.
- Verify your information. Click “continue” when done.
- Next step will ask you to input your education information such as your college enrollment status, high school education and last school attended. Indicate the high school you are currently attending. Click “continue” when done.
- The following pages will ask you for your preferred language, demographic information, supplemental questions on employment, house hold income and other questions. Answer as much as you can and click “continue” when done.
- Click “review my application” and make sure all the information is accurate. You will be asked if you want to consent to release the information you just answered. To submit your application, click on the two boxes that appear at the bottom, “submit my application”.
- Upon submitting the application, you will see a confirmation screen. Take a screenshot of the screen and save it for your records. You will also receive an email confirmation within 24 to 48 hours from Rio Hondo College. This email will contain your student ID number.
Step 2 – Complete the Math Academy Petition
- Complete the Math Academy Petition form with your information. Obtain your parent/guardian signature and return it to Rio Hondo College Continuing Education, room 901 at 9426 Marjorie Street, Pico Rivera, CA 90660