PROGRAM DATES – SUMMER 2020
Dear Spring 2020 GO RIO U-Pass Participant,
Due to the challenges of COVID-19, Metro will be extending your Spring 2020 GO RIO U-Pass to cover the Summer 2020 pass period free of charge.
(Note: Students who dropped units in spring and became ineligible for the U-Pass will not be eligible for the summer U-Pass.)
In order to get your free pass uploaded to your existing U-Pass Sticker/Card you will need to do the following:
- Complete the registration form below as soon as possible and before June 12, 2020:
- You will receive an email when your free pass has been uploaded to the system and is ready for “pick-up”
- After receiving this notification, you will need to TAP your U-Pass Sticker/Card on any Bus Mobile Validator (on Metro or other operator), Ticket Vending Machine, or rail station fare validator to load your free pass by June 30, 2020
- Once loaded, your GO RIO Summer Pass will expire August 16, 2020
- If you have any questions, please contact your School U-Pass Administrators
Remember that Metro requires all passengers to wear non-medical masks or other facial covering and maintain appropriate social distance from other passengers. In addition, Metro encourages riding only for essential trips, but wants to ensure that U-Pass Students have access for necessary school, work, and other essential trips during this time.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your school’s U-Pass Administrator or the office where you purchased your Spring 2020 U-Pass. Information on U-Pass Administrators can be found here: https://www.metro.net/riding/colleges/
Metro Commute Services
Rio Hondo College ▪ Government & Community Relations ▪ 562.463.7268 ▪ www.riohondo.edu/gorio