LATINOS EMPOWERED GUIDED AND CULTIVATED IN EDUCATION
We strive to develop relationships with Latino males to cultivate their sense of belonging on campus and contribute to their improved educational success.
- Giving back to the community
- Personal success
- Awareness of Cultural Identity and History
- To foster relationships with Latino males which can lead to an increased sense of belonging on our campus that will improve educational success.
- To increase success/retention in Latino male community college students
- To instill identity development in Latino males
- To create network and career exposure
- To create brotherhood within the organization
- To promote community service and civic engagement opportunities that promote social justice
- o maintain health and wellness so that Latino male community colleges can practice wellness and model for their peers
Application Deadline – Friday, September 4, 2020 at 11:45pm
Mentor Training – September 11, 2020 at 10:00am and 2:00pm
Workshop #1 – September 16, 2020 at 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Mentor Roundtable #1 –October 21, 2020 at 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Workshop #2 – November 18, 2020 at 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Workshop #3 –February 17, 2021 at 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Mentor Roundtable #2 – March 17, 2021 at 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Workshop #4 – April 21, 2021 at 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Closing Ceremony – May 5, 2021 at 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Fall events will take place via Zoom
If you have any questions regarding LEGACIE, please contact us.