- “U-Pass” stickers must be attached to your Rio Hondo College photo ID at all times.
- U-Pass should be tapped on the fare box, rail station turnstile, or validator each time you board one of the participating GO RIO transit service providers.
- Anytime you ride, you must tap your ID card. Fare inspectors will have card readers, so you may be cited for fare evasion if you fail to tap. Remember, a GO RIO pass loaded on your U-pass sticker gives you unlimited rides, just like a paper pass did, so tap it every time.
- U-passes must be issued by Rio Hondo College in order for the GO RIO pass to be valid.
- If you reload your U-Pass online, you must use your card on a participating transit service provider within 30 days in order for the GO RIO pass to be valid.
- Your GO RIO Fall, Spring or Summer pass is not the same as “cash value.” The difference is that the GO RIO pass is a “product” that provides unlimited rides and does not have a dollar amount associated with it.
- If you encounter any problems using your GO RIO U-Pass, please take note of the following:
- Transit agency (i.e. Metro, Norwalk Transit)
- Bus vehicle number (ask the bus operator if you’re not sure)
- Route number (i.e. Metro 270, Norwalk 1)
- Date of occurrence
- Time of day
- Location/bus stop (street intersection)
- Type of problem
- How much money (if any) was spent as a result of your TAP card not working
- End result
- If problems continue, your U-Pass may need to be replaced at the photo ID window or may be defective. Please try using your U-Pass more than once and on different transit service providers before visiting the photo ID window to request a replacement.
VALIDITY / INVALIDITY
- The GO RIO U-Pass is valid on El Monte Transit, Foothill Transit, Metro Buses, Metro Rail trains, Montebello Bus Lines, Norwalk Transit, Big Blue Bus, and Sunshine Shuttle.
- The GO RIO U-Pass is not valid on Metro Link or Foothill Transit’s Silver Streak bus.
- The U-Passes are valid the first day of instruction during the Fall/Spring/Summer semester and continue to be valid until the last day of instruction for the Fall/Spring/Summer semester (actual dates will vary).
- Go-Rio U-Pass can be used 24/7 and it is non-refundable.
LOST/ DAMAGED TAP CARDS
- U-Pass stickers can be replaced by visiting the Admissions and Records, Photo ID window to request a replacement. The fee for a U-Pass sticker replacement is $10.00.
- Your U-Pass should be handled with care. Do not bend, puncture, wash, or leave your U-pass in the sun. Damaged or defaced U-pass stickers will be subject to the $10.00 replacement fee.
- Please contact the Office of Government & Community Relations at 562.463.7268